DAVID S. BINDER | Partner
contactP: (818) 205-9955 F: (818) 205-9944 E: email@example.com
DAVID S. BINDER is a Partner of the Firm in its Sherman Oaks, California, office. Mr. Binder’s experience includes:
- Working in the Firm’s Employment and Labor Law Practice Group, representing management in aspects of employment law including wrongful discharge, discrimination, harassment, retaliation, wage and hour claims, whistle blower, breach of contract, defamation, fraud, and unfair competition.
- Chair of the Firm’s Workers’ Compensation Defense Practice Group representing employers before the WCAB throughout the State of California. The practice encompasses all aspects of workers’ compensation defense, including Labor Code §132a claims, serious and willful petitions, and subrogation claims.
- Representing employers before state and federal administrative agencies including the Workers’ Compensation Appeals Board, Department of Fair Employment and Housing, U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission, Division of Labor Standards Enforcement, Employment Development Department, and Cal OSHA.
- Providing advice and counsel to employers in all aspects of the employer-employee relationship including policies, discipline, compensation, reductions in force, alternative workweek arrangements, individual employee terminations, disability accommodation matters, FMLA and CFRA, and compliance with federal and state labor laws.
- Clients include insurance companies, transportation companies, hotels, restaurants, and automobile dealerships.
- Commerce Industrial Council – Human Resources Forum: I9 Compliance, November 19, 2015.
- HR Connect, Guest Speaker, Workers Compensation 101, Torrance, California, February 18, 2014.
- California State University – Northridge, Guest Speaker, Workers’ Compensation Claims: The Employer’s Perspective, 2012 and 2013.
- Communiqué (Official Publication of the Clark County Bar Association), The ADA Amendments Act of 2008: Changes to the Americans with Disabilities Act and Their Impact on Employers, November 2009 – Vol. 30, No. 11.
- Employment and Business Litigation
- Workers’ Compensation Defense
- Class-Action Defense
- Trial and Appellate Work
J.D., Loyola Law School, 2000
B.A., University of California, Berkeley, 1994
Claims and Litigation Management Alliance (CLM)
The California Coalition on Workers’ Compensation (CCWC)
State Bar of California
U.S. District Court - Central District of California
U.S. District Court - Eastern District of California
U.S. Supreme Court