SOOJIN KANG | Senior Counsel
contactP: (818) 205-9955 F: (818) 205-9944 E: firstname.lastname@example.org
SOOJIN KANG is a Senior Counsel of the Firm in it’s Sherman Oaks, California, office. For the fifth year in a row, Ms. Kang has been listed in the Southern California Super Lawyers Rising Star Edition as a rising star in the area of civil litigation. Less than 3% of the lawyers in Southern California received this recognition. Ms. Kang is a member of the Firm’s Employment and Labor Law and Class Action Defense Practice Groups.
Ms. Kang’s experience includes:
- Defending wage and hour and consumer class actions involving classes ranging from 75 to million plus members, from case inception to trial and settlement approval and administration.
- Working in the Firm’s Labor and Employment Practices Group representing management in all aspects of employment law, including wrongful discharge, discrimination, harassment, retaliation, disability accommodation, breach of contract, independent contractor and wage and hour claims, in civil and administrative proceedings.
- Working in the Firm’s Insurance Litigation Group, representing insurers in all aspects of insurance law, including coverage and bad faith litigation involving personal lines, commercial and life policies, “Colonial Life” discovery, and disputes involving agents and brokers.
Recent matters that Ms. Kang has handled include:
- Co-trial counsel in 18 day jury trial resulting in defense verdict in whistleblower wrongful termination case.
- Defending auto dealerships against class action claims under the Automobile Sales Finance Act, Consumers Legal Remedies Act and Unfair Competition Law.
- Representing defrauded depositors who lost their retirement savings in a $100 million ponzi scheme involving 26 U.S.C. §1031 exchanges.
- General Civil Litigation
- Bad Faith and Coverage
- Employment and Labor Law
- Business Litigation
- Class Action Defense
- Insurance Defense
J.D., Loyola Law School, 2002
B.A., University of California, Los Angeles, 1995
Claims and Litigation Management Alliance (CLM)
State Bar of California
All California State Courts