ZENA M. KALIOUNDJI | Senior Associate
contactP: (818) 205-9955 F: (818) 205-9944 E: email@example.com
ZENA M. KALIOUNDJI is a Senior Associate in the Firm’s Sherman Oaks, California, office. In 2019, she was designated as a “Rising Star” by the Southern California Super Lawyers Rising Star Edition, which recognition is given to less than 2.5% of Southern California lawyers each year. Ms. Kalioundji has been designated as a “Rising Star” in 2015, 2016, 2017, and 2020. She is experienced in all phases of litigation, including trial work.
Ms. Kalioundji’s experience includes:
- Working in the Firm’s Labor and Employment Practices Group, representing management in aspects of employment law including wrongful discharge, discrimination, harassment, retaliation, breach of contract, defamation, fraud, and unfair competition.
• Consulting with and providing advice to employers regarding leaves of absence, accommodations, interactive process and related issues.
• Representing employers in matters before the Workers’ Compensation Appeals Board, including Labor Code § 132a and Serious & Willful claims.
• All phases of litigation, including mediations, arbitrations and trial work.
• Working in the Firm’s Insurance Litigation Group, representing insurers in aspects of insurance law, including bad faith litigation involving personal lines and commercial policies.
• Providing counsel and defense to Insurance clients in all aspects subrogation from case inception through settlement or trial preparation.
• Clients include transportation companies, real estate equity groups, insurance companies and retailers.
• Commerce Industrial Council – HR Forum: HIPAA What? Compliance: What Employers & HR Professional Should Know, May 22, 2019.
• Commerce Industrial Council – HR Forum: Sexual Harassment in the Workplace, February 27, 2019.
• Commerce Industrial Council – HR Forum: Risk, Trends and Opportunities in Workers’ Compensation and the Marijuana Dilemma, March 21, 2018.
• Commerce Industrial Council – HR Forum: Employment Law Update, July 20, 2016.
- Employment and Labor Law
- Workers’ Compensation
- Landlord/Tenant Law
- Complex Civil/Mass Tort Litigation
- Business Litigation
J.D., Southwestern Law School, 2010
B.A., University of California, Irvine, 2007
Claims and Litigation Management Alliance (CLM)
The California Coalition on Workers’ Compensation (CCWC)
State Bar of California
All California State Courts
U.S. District Court - Central District of California