Civil Litigation Associates
Tharpe & Howell is seeking attorneys with 1-10 years of litigation experience for its growing Sherman Oaks office. These attorneys will sit within Tharpe & Howell’s Civil Litigation group, assisting with litigation matters throughout California.
- Conducting discovery, including issuing subpoenas, conducting interviews, and reviewing documents.
- Negotiating with opposing counsel to reach settlement agreements.
- Drafting pleadings and other legal documents, such as motions and discovery requests.
- Preparing witnesses for court appearances by coaching them on what to say and how to behave during testimony.
- Communicating with clients throughout the litigation process to keep them informed about the status of their cases and any new developments.
- Conducting research on legal issues associated with cases.
- Interviewing witnesses, gathering evidence, and interviewing experts to support the client’s case.
- Drafting legal briefs and motions to be submitted to the court.
- Presenting cases in court by arguing facts and citing laws to support the client’s position.
- At least one (1) to ten (10) years of experience in the following areas:
- Experience in managing a litigation caseload;
- Experience drafting legal documents, including briefs, motions and discovery requests;
- Experience with pre-trial preparation or second chair trial experience.
- Excellent analytical and writing skills.
- Strong communication skills, including communicating with clients, team and partners and providing timely reporting and appearing in court.
- Experience with insurance defense is considered a plus.
- Must be admitted and in good standing with the California state bar.
The salary range for this position at the time of posting is $95,000 – $117,500 annually, based upon a full-time work schedule. Actual compensation will be influenced by various factors, including, but not limited to, employee qualifications, relevant experience, skill sets, training, internal equity, and market data. This represents the presently-anticipated low and high end of Tharpe & Howell’s pay range for this position. Actual pay may vary based on various factors, including but not limited to location and experience.
This position is eligible for a quarterly bonus based on billable hours, as well as a discretionary annual bonus. Tharpe & Howell offers a generous benefits package and the possibility of hybrid arrangements for attorneys.
If you are ready to join our high performance team, please submit your information and resume via the link below. All communications will be held in confidence.
Tharpe & Howell, LLP is certified as a Women’s Business Enterprise (WBE) through the Women’s Business Enterprise National Council (WBENC), the nation’s largest third party certifier of businesses owned and operated by women in the US. For almost 40 years small businesses, major corporations, public entities, individuals and insurance companies have depended on Tharpe & Howell, LLP, to deliver pragmatic, innovative, cost-effective civil litigation and transactional solutions. We are committed to a diverse workforce and continue to grow throughout California, with offices in Sacramento, San Francisco, Los Angeles, Orange County, and San Diego.
Tharpe & Howell is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and is dedicated to offering competitive compensation and benefits commensurate with each selected applicant’s qualifications.