Real Estate and Construction Law
For real estate and construction professionals, dealing with litigation and the threat of legal action has become a dreaded and significant cost of doing business. Tharpe & Howell, LLP brings our clients decades of strategic experience, transactional solutions that minimize litigation risks, and access to the best experts and ADR professionals.
Our practice is “ground-up,” handling our clients’ transactional needs, as well as virtually every type of construction claim, including:
- Construction defects and delays
- Construction site injuries
- Earth-movement including floods, landslides, storm and earthquake claims
- Structural failures and building collapse
- Contract disputes
- Environmental claims including mold and asbestos
- Insurance claims and insurance coverage disputes
- Operations, labor and management claims
Our approach is goal-oriented and focused on risk-management. Drawing on our extensive real estate and construction litigation experience, we work with our clients to make sure buy-sell, lease or lending transactions and construction contracts are done right, with an eye toward avoiding litigation.