Coverage/Bad Faith Litigation Associates
Tharpe & Howell is expanding its team of attorneys in our Sherman Oaks office! The firm is seeking attorneys with 3-10 years of coverage experience to sit within Tharpe & Howell’s Civil Litigation group, assisting our high-profile clients throughout California.
- Analyzing coverage issues, researching coverage questions and writing coverage opinions for commercial, personal and specialty lines insurers.
- Writing reservations of rights and coverage disclaimer letters.
- Prosecuting and defending insurance declaratory relief actions.
- Defending insurance bad faith actions.
- Researching and drafting motions for summary judgment.
- Experience in all phases of coverage/bad faith related discovery (written discovery and deposition discovery including the defense of claims professionals in deposition)
- Experience in coverage/bad faith settlement procedures including mediations
- At least three(3) to ten (10) years of experience in the following areas:
- Experience in reviewing insurance coverage policies and advising clients on bad faith exposure for first party property claims, personal or commercial general liability, E & O liability, or health liability.
- Experience drafting legal documents, including opinion letters, briefs, motions and discovery requests.
- Excellent analytical and writing skills. Applicants are encouraged to submit a writing sample.
- Strong communication skills, including communicating with clients, team and partners and providing timely reporting and appearing in court.
- Experience with insurance defense litigation is considered a plus.
- Must be admitted and in good standing with the California state bar.
The salary range for this position at the time of posting is $110,000 -$142,000 annually, based upon a full-time work schedule. Actual compensation will be influenced by various factors, including, but not limited to, employee qualifications, relevant experience, skill sets, training, internal equity, and market data. This position is eligible for a quarterly bonus based on billable hours, as well as a discretionary annual bonus. Tharpe & Howell offers a generous benefits package and the possibility of hybrid arrangements for attorneys.
If you are ready to join our high performance team, please submit your information and resume via the link below. All communications will be held in confidence.
Tharpe & Howell, LLP is certified as a Women’s Business Enterprise (WBE) through the Women’s Business Enterprise National Council (WBENC), the nation’s largest third party certifier of businesses owned and operated by women in the US. For almost 40 years small businesses, major corporations, public entities, individuals and insurance companies have depended on Tharpe & Howell, LLP, to deliver pragmatic, innovative, cost-effective civil litigation and transactional solutions. We are committed to a diverse workforce and continue to grow throughout California, with offices in Sacramento, San Francisco, Los Angeles, Orange County, and San Diego.
Tharpe & Howell is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and is dedicated to offering competitive compensation and benefits commensurate with each selected applicant’s qualifications.